Anoop Rawat is a Partner with the Firm and has over 15 years of experience. His focus areas include Insolvency & Bankruptcy, Projects, Banking and Finance.
Focussed on Insolvency & Bankruptcy, Anoop has represented clients across a wide sprectrum, including resolution professionals, the committee of creditors and the resolution applicants. He has also represented various resolution applicants, foreign portfolio investors, Indian and foreign private equity players and other strategic investors in evaluating investment through debt, equity and / or other synthetic instruments in Indian opportunities and strategising the investments inter alia for such investors, through asset reconstruction companies and other partners.
Anoop was instrumental in the successful insolvency resolution of Bhushan Steel Limited which resulted in the taking over of Bhushan Steel Limited by Tata Steel at an aggregate consideration of Rs. 35,200 crores (approximately). He is currently advising the resolution professional of Lavasa Corporation Limited on the corporate insolvency resolution process including regular advice on complex issues relating to homebuyers.
Select Experience Statement
Insolvency & Bankruptcy
- Resolution Professional in relation to the corporate insolvency resolution process of Reliance group of companies.
- Committee of Creditors in relation to the corporate insolvency resolution process of Bhushan Steel Limited.
- Resolution Professional in relation to the corporate insolvency resolution process of Lanco Infratech Limited.
- Committee of Creditors in relation to the corporate insolvency resolution process of Amtek Auto Limited.
- Resolution Professional in relation to the corporate insolvency resolution process of JEKPL Private Limited.
- ICICI Bank UK Plc in relation to the corporate insolvency resolution process of Aditya Estates Private Limited.
- The successful Resolution Applicant in relation to the corporate insolvency resolution process of Jyoti Structures Limited.
- Payard Investments Private Limited and Prudent ARC Limited in relation to drafting and negotiating the resolution plan submitted for a major EPC company in India.
- Resolution Professional in relation to the corporate insolvency resolution process of Aircel group companies.
- Resolution Professional in relation to the corporate insolvency resolution process of Bhushan Power and Steel Limited.
- Asian Development Bank in relation to its financing of the development and construction of a portfolio of 7 projects aggregating 709 MW of renewable energy projects in India (comprising 311 MW of wind projects and 398 MW of solar projects) being set up by the ReNew Group, aggregating to approximately USD 400 million.
- Power Finance Corporation Limited in relation to financing of solar PV power project for Kilaj Solar (Maharashtra) Private Limited.
- Consortium led by Power Finance Corporation Limited on a INR 4,050 crore deal for the resolution of debt of RattanIndia India Power Limited under the RBI’s Prudential Framework for resolution of stressed assets.
- Deg – Deutsche Investitions-Und Entwicklungsgesellschaft GmbH in relation to its financing of the development and construction of 100 MW wind energy power project in Karnataka setup by Renew Group.
- Consortium of lenders (led by Rural Electrification Corporation) in relation to the 5800 Crore (approx) financing to the thermal power plant of NCC Power Projects Limited in Andhra Pradesh.
- State Bank of India led consortium of lenders in relation to joint documentation pursuant to flexible debt restructuring of the project loans granted to Jindal Steel and Power Limited, working capital facilities granted to Jindal Steel and Power Limited, pooling of securities amongst various lenders as well as the execution of a trust and retention account agreement to ensure monitoring of the cash flows pertaining to the facilities availed by the company.
- Bangladesh-India Friendship Power Company Private Limited, a joint venture of NTPC and BPDB in relation to drafting, reviewing and finalization of tender documents for the construction (on EPC turnkey basis) of 2×660 MW maître super-critical thermal power plant at Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh-India Friendship Power Company Private Limited, a joint venture of NTPC and BPDB in relation to drafting, reviewing and finalization of coal transportation agreement and conditions of contract for coal supply agreement for coal supply to 2×660 MW maître super-critical thermal power plant at Bangladesh.
- Power Finance Corporation with respect to the bidding process and the Power Purchase Agreement in relation to PPP in the Ultra Mega Power Project in Orissa and Tamil Nadu.
- SJVN Limited, a mini-ratna company in India, in relation to its joint venture with Druk Green of Bhutan in relation to the development of a 600 MW hydro-electric power project in Bhutan.
- SJVN Limited in relation to review and finalization of project development agreement for the development of the 900 MW Arun III hydro power project in Nepal.
- NTPC in relation to the proposed thermal power project in Sri Lanka in a joint venture with Ceylon Electricity Board, Sri Lanka.
- FRV in relation to their bidding for solar power project in India under the National Solar Mission of Government of India.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited and the government of Andhra Pradesh in relation to the development of a MRTS system in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The scope of work included drafting of a legislation to enable development of an MRTS system in A.P, drafting of the concession agreement, bid documents and other ancillary documents for the selection of a successful bidder to develop the project.
- Central Board of Excise and Customs, Government of India in preparation of tender documents and contract for their project of integration of IT Systems.
- Government of Uttar Pradesh (through Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited) with respect to the bidding process for selection of a developer for the development of 850 kms 8-Lane Access Controlled Expressway along the left bank of river Ganga. We also advised Srei Infrastructure (Project Advisors) on the Concession Agreement.
- Jindal Stainless Limited on their joint ventures with Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (PSU) for coal mining in the State of Orissa.
- TCS in relation to their Passport Seva Project granted to TCS by Ministry of External Affairs on PPP basis.
- Rail Land Development Authority in relation to the commercial development and re- development of rail land at Sarai Rohilla, New Delhi and at Bangalore.
- Government of Andhra Pradesh in relation to the preparation of the Andhra Pradesh Municipal Tramways (Construction, Operation and Maintenance) Act, 2008 and tariff regulations thereunder.
- An overseas rolling stock company with respect to its participation in the development of the Airport Metro Link in New Delhi.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail Corporation in relation to preparation and finalization of bid documents and concession agreement for selection of developer for construction, development and operation of metro rail project in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
- Delhi International Airport Limited in relation to drafting of Concession Agreement for construction, development, operation, management and maintenance of the Fuel Facility at the International Terminal T3 of Indira Gandhi International Airport at New Delhi.
- Delhi International Airport Limited in relation to drafting of Concession Agreement for construction, development, operation, management and maintenance of the green field cargo terminal at the International Terminal T3 of Indira Gandhi International Airport at New Delhi.
- Delhi International Airport Limited in relation to preparation and finalization of bid documents and concession agreement for their Cargo Terminal Project at IGI, Delhi.
- Delhi International Airport Limited in relation to appointment of developer for their hospitality district project at IGI, Delhi
- Delhi International Airport Limited in relation to appointment of developer for their multi- level car park project at IGI, Delhi
- Government of India and Government of Karnataka in relation to selection of developer for development of greenfield airport at Bellary, Karnataka.
- Government of Delhi in relation to drafting of land titling legislation for the urban properties in Delhi.
- Ministry of Finance in relation to their initiative for standardisation of the Concession Agreements.
- Ministry of Railways and RITES in relation to development of statutory framework for development of a High Speed Railway Network in India.
- Tridem Port and Power Company Private Limited in relation to their collaboration with Alpha Omega Enterprises Limited for formation of joint venture for acquisition of coal mine/concessions in Indonesia.
- Jindal Stainless Limited clients on mining operation arrangements in India, Indonesia, Oman, Turkey and Vietnam, advised on mining laws in India.
- Jindal Stainless Limited on their Joint Venture with Nong-Cong General Trading Stock Company (Company incorporated in Vietnam) for mining activities and Ferro Chrome production in Vietnam.
- Taggart Global (U.S) on laws relating to coal washing and material handling business in India.
- Bhushan Steel Limited on mine development and operation agreement with CMDC (PSU).
- Indian real estate developers on conversion of agriculture land for development of a township.
- KPL International Limited on acquisition of a tea estate in Darjeeling.
- Omaxe Limited, Jindal Stainless Limited and Dove Infrastructure Private Limited on real estate transactions.
- Rail Land Development Authority in relation to appointment of developer for development of real estate project in Delhi and Bangalore.
M&A/ Joint Ventures
- Indian Oil Corporation in relation to their proposed investment in Bangladesh for setting up lube-oil plant.
- Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc in relation to their proposed joint venture in India, with NTPC and ADB.
- Monnet Ispat Limited on forming a joint venture company with Scanduizzi S.r.l, an Italian Company for manufacturing of structured steel products in India.
- O&N S.p.a, an Italian Company on forming a joint venture in India for manufacturing of designer furnitures.
- Engineers India Limited in the formation of Joint Venture with Tecnimont.
- Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited in relation to the appointment of a supplier and service provider, in relation to major repairing work of a 75MW boiler.
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Limited in relation to appointment of a developer for construction and operation of a wind farm in District Kutch, Gujarat.
- Gujarat State Petronet Limited, in relation to appointment of contractor for their Essar Oil Connectivity Spurline Project.
- Jindal Power Limited in relation to their supply and services contract with BHEL for supply, erection and commissioning of Boilers, Turbine, Generator package for their 4 X 600 MW O P JINDAL super thermal power plant.
- Three C Universal Developers Private Limited in relation to their development project (as contractor) in Uttar Pradesh.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- LL.B, Campus Law Center, Delhi University