Shrutikirti Kumar is a Partner at Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co. and is part of the general corporate practice.
Shrutikirti has advised both domestic and foreign clients on variety of issues involving real estate investments, structuring transactions, acquisitions, development and collaboration projects, construction contracts, construction and development tenders and bids and service arrangements. Her sectoral experience extends to real estate, retail, hospitality, e-commerce and she has also been involved in advising clients on regulatory compliances.
Select Experience Statement
Development of projects, tenders and Commercial Leasing
- Advising RMZ Group on setting up of a mixed-use project in Gurugram.
- Advising Bharti Land Limited on acquisition of development management rights for project in Gurugram.
- Advised BHP Billiton Marketing Services India Private Limited on sub-licensing of premises at New Delhi and leasing for their office space in Gurugram.
- Advised Signify Innovations India Private Limited, earlier known as Philips Lighting, on the sale of its factory in Mohali, Punjab.
- Advised NBCC (India) Limited, a Government of India Navratna Enterprise, in relation to their bid for selection of a developer cum operator for a 5 Star Hotel at the International Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi and in relation to representations made before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for development of the projects of the Amrapali group.
- Advised the M3M Group on joint development of two group housing projects in Gurugram.
- Advised Fresenius Medical Care India Private Limited on leasing of their office premises at Gurugram, Haryana.
- Advised Samsung Electronics India in relation to transfer of an asset in Noida.
- Advised Walmart India Private Limited on its leasing structures for its cash and carry stores across in India.
- Advised Instakart Services Private Limited, a Flipkart Group company, on preparation of a bid for appointment of a contractor for civil works for its warehouses.
- Advised One97 Communications Limited on diligence in respect of leasing of an office building at Noida.
- Advised the RSAM Technologies India Private Limited, a Galvanize group company, on leasing of office space in Bengaluru.
- Advised Kubota Corporation in relation to leasing of a factory to its joint venture with Escorts Limited to manufacture tractors in India.
- Advised P R Energy Holding Limited on joint development of a commercial office project in Bengaluru.
- Advised the Innovative Cafes LLP, engaged in operation of fine dining restaurants and bars by the name of ‘Piano Man Jazz Club’, in relation to leasing and setting up of their premises in Gurugram.
- Advised Sumitomo Corporation, Japan on development of a group housing project in Gurugram.
- Advised Experion Developers Private Limited with regard to development of its project at Amritsar, Punjab.
- Advised H&M Hennes & Mauritz on leasing of properties for setting up its stores in India.
- Advised Epiq Systems, Inc. on licencing of premises at Pune, Maharashtra.
- Advised Boston Scientific India Private Limited on leasing of their office premises at Gurugram, Haryana.
- Advised DLF Limited in relation to its unit buyer agreements for its premium commercial projects at Gurugram, Haryana.
- Advised Sushma Buildtech Limited on development of its project in Zirakpur, Punjab and advisory on the documentation with the purchasers of its residential/commercial development projects in the state of Punjab.
- Advised Ambit Buildwell Private Limited, a Paras Group company, on development of its project at Neemrana, Rajasthan.
- Advised Rolls Royce India Private Limited on leasing of its office premises at New Delhi.
- Advised Barry-Wehmiller International Resources Private Limited on matters in relation to lease of premises at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Acquisitions and Investment
- Advising D-Mart on acquisition of retail store assets across multiple cities in Northern and Western parts of India.
- Advised JK Paper on acquisition of a premium asset at Lutyens’ Delhi.
- Advised Kubota on acquisition of controlling stake in Escorts Limited.
- Advised Toppan Inc. on acquisition of Max Speciality Films Limited from Max Venture and Industries Limited.
- Advised Reliance Industries Limited on the real estate related aspects of the acquisition of the retail business of the Future Group through its group company.
- Advised the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited on mortgage of an asset at Gurugram, Haryana.
- Advised Mitsui Fudosan on its investment in a commercial project in Bengaluru.
- Advised GE T&D India Limited regarding the structuring for transfer of a factory facility developed on leasehold government allotted land.
- Advised American Express (India) Private Limited on acquisition, construction and setting up of their campus in Gurugram.
- Advised Mountania Developers and Hospitality Private Limited, an OYO group company, on acquisition of a premium hotel at Jaipur, from the Emaar MGF group.
- Advised DLF Limited, in relation to the proposed sale of 40% of the promoters’ stake of DLF Cyber City Developers Limited, the rental arm of DLF Limited.
- Advised Summit Online Trade Solutions Private Limited on acquisition of companies engaged in the business of operating logistic parks.
- Advised Newgen Software Technologies Limited on acquisition of a property in Noida to consolidate its offices.
- Advised the promoters of the DLF Limited group on the acquisition of a residential property at Prithviraj Road, in the Lutyen’s Bungalow Zone in New Delhi.
- Advised the promoters of the One97 Communications group on the acquisition of a residential property at Golf Links, New Delhi.
- Advised Bharti Realty Limited on sale of an IT park project in Kolkata.
- Advised Maruti Suzuki India Limited on acquisition of properties at various locations such Lucknow, Ernakulam, Trivendrum etc.
- Advised Global Health Private Limited on acquiring properties to set up its hospitals in the cities of Indore and Ranchi.
- Advised Medanta Holdings Private Limited on setting up its super speciality hospital at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
Government and General Advisory
- Advised the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India and assisted the Ministry in the drafting of the rules and regulations for Union Territories, notified by the Government of India under the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016.
- Advised the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India in identifying key areas for changes in the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2013.
- Advised the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India on the provisions of the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Rehabilitation and Resettlement Rules, 2013.
- Advised the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry on the key provisions and implications of the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Second Amendment) Bill, 2015.
- Has been contributing to the ‘Doing Business in India’ reports issued by the World Bank since 2015.
Service Arrangements, Retail, E-commerce and Regulatory Compliances
- Advising Stanza Living on its business structures for providing co-living facilities to students and professionals and advised the company in relation to the arrangement under its service provider business model.
- Advised Invest India, a National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, on regulatory compliances for investment in and setting up of commercial real estate projects across several States in India.
- Advised Instakart Services Private Limited, a Flipkart Group company, on mandatory regulatory requirements for their business, acquiring rights to co-working spaces and on their warehousing service arrangements with third party brands.
- Advised Bharti Land Limited on a development management arrangement for a commercial project in Gurugram, and a project management consultation arrangement for a project in Delhi.
- Advised Burman GSC on development and operation of the serviced apartment project.
- Advised Tata Realty and Infrastructure Limited on development and marketing management and asset management arrangements.
- Advised companies such as DLF Limited, American Express (India) Private Limited, M3M India Private Limited on compliance requirements under the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016.
- Advised Sumitomo Corporation, Japan, on the procedures in relation to acquisition of land in Andhra Pradesh.
- Advised Walmart India Private Limited on mandatory regulatory requirements for the business of wholesale cash and carry and retail trade in India.
- Advised Jindal Realty Private Limited on the various real estate related aspects for its projects in the state of Haryana.
- Advised Mool Chand Khairati Ram Trust for permissible uses of the immovable property held by the trust in Delhi.
- Advising Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation on title due diligence of assets in Gurugram for creation of mortgage and advisory on the documentation.
- Advising ReNew Solar and its subsidiaries on multiple due diligences of land parcels admeasuring over 1500 acres situated at multiple locations in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Telangana, along with advisory on documentation to be executed for acquisition of such lands and local compliances for the purposes of such acquisition.
- Advising D-mart on title due diligence for setting up its stores and distribution centres in Northern and Western parts of India.
- Advised Hero Future Energies and its subsidiaries on multiple title due diligences for their solar projects spread across over 850 acres of land situated at Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Telangana.
- Advised Torrent Power Limited on title review with respect to over 1000 acres of land across Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra in relation to its investment in renewable energy plants across various states in India.
- Advised Radiance Renewables Private Limited on title due diligence for acquisition of lands for their power projects in Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat and advisory on standard draft for agreements to be executed for acquisition of such lands and on local compliances for the purposes of such acquisition.
- Advised Kubota Corporation on title due diligence of 9 different assets admeasuring about 165 acres at Faridabad, Haryana and limited due diligence of 8 other properties in relation to its acquisition of stake and management control in Escorts Limited.
- Advised Toppan Inc. in relation to its acquisition of stake in Max Speciality Films Limited including title due diligence of its factory premises in Punjab.
- Advised Acme Cleantech Solutions Private Limited on due diligence of land on which their solar power plant has been set up, spread across over 175 acres situated at Banka, Bihar for a debt-refinancing transaction.
- Advised the resolution professional on corporate insolvency of Asian Colour Coated Ispat Limited on title due diligence of a 5-star hotel property at Jaipur.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- B.LS., LL.B. from Government Law College, Mumbai