National Practice Head
Prashant Gupta heads the Capital Markets practice at the Firm.
Prashant represents both issuers and underwriters in various equity and debt capital raising transactions, including initial public offerings, rights issues and QIP offerings, buy-backs, capital restructurings and pre-IPO private placements. He has advised on capital markets transactions that have raised over USD 60 billion globally, which include both the largest IPO and bond offerings out of India, as well as the largest secondary trade on the stock exchanges in India.
Chambers Asia Pacific Guide 2019 has quoted that, “Prashant Gupta enjoys a formidable reputation in the market, with one client commenting: “I think he’s on top of his game now. I like his decisiveness in taking a position on Indian law. He comes across as resourceful and confident. His counsel is frequently sought by issuers and underwriters on equity and debt issuances.”
Select Experience Statement
- Acted on IPOs by the Life Insurance Corporation of India, One97 Communications Limited (Paytm) and Coal India Limited– the 3 largest IPOs in India until date.
- Vedanta Resources plc on the US$ 1.7 billion bond offering in 2013 – the largest bond offering by an Indian group.
- Lead managers in relation to the ₹ 25,000 crore rights issue by Bharti Airtel Limited in 2019, and the US$ 3 billion simultaneous QIP & FCCB by Bharti Airtel Limited in 2020.
- Videocon d2h Limited on its US$ 273 million listing on the NASDAQ Global Market in 2015 – the first SPAC driven listing from India.
- IPOs in India by AU Small Finance Bank, Aavas Financiers, Dr. Lal Pathlabs, Delhivery, Eris Life Sciences, Five Star Business Finance, Indiamart, Jubilant Foodworks, Kfin Technologies, Lemon Tree Hotels, National Stock Exchange of India (proposed), PB Fintech (Policybazaar), PNB Housing Finance, Punjab & Sind Bank, SBI Cards and Payment Services, Sula Vineyards, TCNS Clothing Co., UTI Asset Management and Varroc Engineering, among others.
- QIPs by Apollo Hospitals, Apollo Tyres, Bharti Airtel, DLF Limited, IDFC Limited, Federal Bank, HCL Infosystems, Interglobe Aviation (Indigo Airlines), Max Healthcare, Network18, PI Industries, Punjab National Bank, PVR Limited, Radico Khaitan, State Bank of India, SRF Limited, Shree Cement and Yes Bank, among others.
- IPOs in the United States by Amira Nature Foods, Azure Power, Eros International, Freshworks, MakeMyTrip and NW18 HSN Holdings (proposed), as well as Jubilant Energy N.V. on the London Stock Exchange.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- Bar Council of Delhi, State Bar of California
- B.A. (Juris) & M.A. (Juris), University of Oxford, England
- B.Com (Hons.), Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi