Kushal Sinha focuses on general corporate and commercial laws, in the Firm’s Projects and Infrastructure practice.
His expertise lies in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and investments across various infrastructure sectors including renewable energy, power, ports, roads and highways, construction development etc.
Kushal’s expertise has led to him advising on many high value and innovative deals for blue chip clients. He advised Videocon Mauritius Energy Ltd. in their sale of participating interest in the Rovuna Oil Block in Mozambique (declared Global M&A Deal of the Year for Africa at the Global Legal Awards, 2014). He also advised on the restructuring of Amtek Auto which was adjudged the Impact Deal of Year, 2019 at the Asialaw Regional Awards, 2019.
Kushal’s prolific deal count in domestic and cross border transactions across infrastructure sectors has led him to be acknowledged as one of India’s Future Legal Leaders by the India Business Law Journal in 2023.
Select Experience Statement
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised OMERS Infrastructure in relation to acquisition of 19.4% equity stake in Azure Power Global Limited from International Finance Corporation and IFC GIF Investment Company.
- Advised Nippon Steel Corporation on AMNS India’s acquisition of power and port assets from the Essar group in one of the largest M&A transactions of 2022 in the Indian infrastructure sector.
- Advised Sembcorp on divestment of its conventional power generation assets in India
- Advised on the acquisition of operational solar power projects (250MWx4) of ACME Solar by Actis LP.
- Advised OSE on sale of its operational road asset to Oriental Infra Trust.
- Advised GE on India-leg of GE’s distributed power business acquisition by Advent International.
- Advised Fortum India on creation of its e-vehicle charging platform with investments from Finnfund.
- Advised TGE Gas Germany on its Indian joint venture with Venerable LNG Limited.
- Advised Allianz on its investment in an India focussed commercial real estate investment platform managed by Godrej Fund Management.
- Advised Hines, a global real estate investment and management firm, in relation to: (i) its investment in a joint venture DLF Limited, for development of a commercial project in Gurgaon, Haryana; and (ii) its investment in a joint venture with Tata Housing Development Company Limited, developing a premium wellness-themed residential project ‘Serein’ in Thane, Maharashtra.
- Advised Acme on creation of a renewable energy platform with Norfund for development of new generation and storage projects in the renewable energy space.
- Advised InfraCo Asia Development Pte Ltd, an infrastructure development company based in Singapore and facility of the Private Infrastructure Development Group, in relation to investment in a SPV floated by Bengal Aerotropolis Projects Limited, for development of a low cost and affordable housing project in Durgapur, West Bengal.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- BA. LL.B, (Hons.), Gujarat National Law University