Shruti is a Partner with the Firm’s Dispute Resolution Practice. She specializes in domestic and international arbitrations as well as commercial litigations.
Shruti regularly represents and advices clients, both private and state entities, in commercial arbitrations and litigations. She has acted for Indian and foreign parties, in arbitrations seated in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Paris, Dubai and London conducted under the auspice of institutions such as International Chamber of Commerce, London Chamber of International Arbitration, Singapore International Arbitration Centre, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes and in ad-hoc proceedings. She also acts for clients before various forums including the Supreme Court of India, High Courts of Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Ahmedabad besides others.
Her area of focus is the construction and infrastructure industry, power sector including oil and gas, manufacturing sector, hospitality industry etc. She has worked on disputes arising from concession agreements, joint venture agreements, construction agreements, hotel management agreements, share purchase agreements, supply and distributors agreements, which have arisen under the laws of India, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, United Kingdom and involved aspects of international law.
She is a regular speaker at events and her views and research is routinely published. Some of her recent publications include:
- “Is Public Policy Back To Haunt Enforcement In India, Global Arbitration Review, 2020”
- “How To Get The Best Out Of Cross Examinations, Kluwer, 2020”
- “Bell Bottoms and Automatic Stays – Things of the Past, Bar and Bench, 2019”
Prior to joining the firm, Shruti worked for several years at PDS Legal, New Delhi, Economic Laws Practice, New Delhi and as an international trainee at LALIVE, Geneva.
Select Experience Statement
- Successfully represented OCI Corporation, a leading Korean trading entity in the enforcement of a GAFTA foreign award seated in London against Indian parties in Gujarat
- Successfully represented a MottMacdonald, a global design and construction company in arbitration and enforcement proceedings against Bangalore Metro Road Corporation Limited, a state owned entity arising out of a design consultation agreement for the Bangalore Metro Project
- Successfully represented an Indian subsidiary of a leading Korean construction company in an arbitration against an Indian party arising out of a construction agreement
- Successfully represented InterContinental Hotel Group, an international hotel chain, in an arbitration against an Indian hotel owner arising out of a hotel management agreement
- Representing the Embassy of Democratic Republic of Congo, in challenge proceedings against an award from disputes under a lease agreement with an Indian party
- Representing a Korean based multi-national entity in a dispute with a state owned entity arising from an operation and maintenance of a power plant in India
- Representing a leading international steel manufacturing company based in Spain and Poland in its dispute with a Chinese entity for a rail project in UAE arising out a supply agreement
- Representing an Indian entity in the dimension stone industry in its dispute with an English listed company arising from an offtake agreement
- Representing a leading Indian tyre manufacturing company and its international group companies in arbitration proceedings against an Indian conglomerate arising out of a share purchase agreement
- Representing an Indian state owned entity in multiple disputes against concessionaries appointed for the construction and maintenance of highways in India
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- Delhi Bar Council, Supreme Court Bar Association
- LL.B, Gujarat National Law University
- LL.M, International Dispute Resolution (MIDS), Graduate Institute, Geneva