Pooja Singhania is a Partner at the Firm and has experience of working on general corporate matters and a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions (including private equity, private investment in public equity and domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions), with a special focus on impact investment.
Pooja has worked across various sectors including pharma and healthcare, manufacturing, information technology, financial services and other SEBI and RBI regulated sectors.
Pooja regularly advises a diverse clientele ranging from domestic and foreign private equity funds, multinational corporations (including first-time investors in the Indian market) to Indian promoters.
Select Experience Statement
Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPE), Mergers & Acquisitions
- Embassy Office Parks REIT, India’s first listed Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), in its acquisition of Embassy TechVillage, an integrated office park situated on the Outer Ring Road in Bengaluru, Karnataka along with the associated business of common area maintenance services for approximately USD 1.3 billion through purchase of certain entities owned by the Embassy group, Blackstone and certain other individuals.
- Everstone Group (the promoters of Indostar Capital Finance Limited) in relation to a fund raise of approximately INR 14.50 billion by Indostar from Brookfield, and a partial stake sale by them.
- Indusind Bank Limited in relation to its fund raise of INR 32.9 billion from Route One Funds, AIA Company Limited, TATA Investment Corporation, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance and certain promoter entities.
- The promoters of UFO Moviez India Limited in relation to their follow-on investment in UFO Moviez.
- International Finance Corporation in relation to investments in Future Consumer Enterprises Limited.
- Advised Sagen, a portfolio company of Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in relation to its: (a) strategic investment into India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation Private Limited, the only mortgage guarantee company operating in India; and (b) subsequent investment into IMGC by way of purchase of equity shares from existing shareholders, NHB, IFC and ADB.
- Advised Varel Oil and Gas Inc., one of the world’s largest independent manufacturers and suppliers of downhole drilling and completion products, in acquiring 100% stake in Sledgehammer Oil Tools Private Limited from its existing promoter group to further expand Varel’s global manufacturing presence to increase the growth potential of the energy sector globally.
- Firmenich, the world’s largest privately-owned company in the perfume and taste business, in its acquisition of a controlling stake in VKL Seasoning Private Limited, one of India’s largest seasonings and flavours solution provider, from True North.
- Nippon Paper, a Japanese paper manufacturing company in relation to its 100% acquisition of Plus Paper Foodpac, an Indian manufacturer of food-based packaging material.
- The World Bank Group in relation to its joint venture with TATA Housing.
- Adlec Systems Private Limited in relation to its joint venture with Legrand Group, France.
- Advised TPG and its portfolio company, Asia Healthcare Holdings Pte. Ltd., a company incorporated in Singapore which invests in, and operates several single specialty hospitals in India, in relation to: (a) primary raise by AHH from an entity affiliated to Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC); and (b) secondary purchase of securities by AHH, to provide exit to the existing shareholders / investors from its Indian subsidiaries.
- Advised TPG Growth on its acquisition of additional stake in SteriScience group of companies by way of a primary investment. The transaction involved investments in a platform entity in Singapore contemporaneous with investments in two companies in India.
- International Finance Corporation, Proparco, Helion and DEG in relation to the externalization of their investments in Azure Power.
- Proparco and Triodos in relation to their investment in Sonata Finance.
- Triodos and Developing World Markets in relation to their investment in Jain Sons Finlease Limited (Intellegrow).
- Developing World Markets in relation to its investment in Suryoday (now a small finance bank)
- International Finance Corporation in relation to its follow-on investment in Ujjivan (now a small finance bank).
- Omidyar Networks and Accel India in relation to their follow-on investments in Scripbox.
- Omidyar Networks in relation to its investments in Ver Se Innovation, Nowfloats Technologies and Neogrowth Credit.
- Goldman Sachs in relation to investment in Rebel Foods (owners of ‘Faasos’).
- Carpediem Advisors in relation to investments in Thea Kitchen (owners of ‘Biryani Blues’) and Collateral Medical.
- India Equity Partners in relation to its investment in Axiss Dental.
- GE Capital Energy in relation to its investment in a Welspun entity.
- New Enterprise Associates, FC and Helion in relation to their investment in Indiaworld Technologies.
- International Finance Corporation in relation to investments in Lucid Colloids, SAMHI Hotels and Regency Hospital.
- World Bank Group in relation to their investments in: (i) Shwe Taung Cement group, a Myanmar conglomerate engaged in the business of manufacture and marketing of cement; (ii) City Bank Limited, a commercial bank in Bangladesh; (iii) Ananta Apparels Limited, a Bangladeshi company engaged in the business of manufacture of apparels; and (iv) Myanmar Oriental Bank, a commercial bank in Myanmar.
- Aavishkaar Venture Management Services in relation to its fund raises from FMO (the Dutch entrepreneurial developmental bank) and Nuveen (subsidiary of Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America).
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- B.A. LL.B (Hons), Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar