Parth Gokhale is a Partner in the firm’s Banking & Finance and Insolvency & Bankruptcy practise with over 9 years of experience. He has significant experience in insolvency and bankruptcy, restructuring and bank enforcement mandates.
Parth has worked on some of the largest assignments under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 including the resolution processes of Essar Steel, Alok Industries, Uttam Galva Steels, Jaypee Infratech, and Ruchi Soya. He regularly advises diverse stakeholders, including lenders, resolution professionals and resolution applicants in respect of the resolution process and related documentation and in litigation strategy for banks and financial institutions in choosing the appropriate strategy for enforcement/resolution.
Specifically, Parth has advised on enforcement strategy in relation to invocation of pledge, SARFAESI actions and enforcement of personal and corporate guarantees.
Parth also acts on out of court restructuring transactions in a stressed scenario including on documentation and regulatory advisory.
Select Experience Statement
- Committee of Creditors led by State Bank of India on the corporate insolvency resolution process of Essar Steel India Limited and its subsequent acquisition by Arcelor Mittal Nippon Steel for approximately US$ 7 billion, and in related enforcement of promoter guarantees.
- Resolution Professional of Alok Industries Limited on the conduct of the corporate insolvency resolution process and acquisition by a consortium of Reliance Industries Limited and JMFARC.
- Committee of Creditors led by State Bank of India on the corporate insolvency resolution process of Uttam Galva Steels Limited.
- Committee of Creditors led by IDBI Bank Limited on the corporate insolvency resolution process of Odisha Slurry Pipeline Infrastructure Limited.
- Committee of Creditors led by ICICI Bank Limited on the corporate insolvency resolution process of Essar Power MP Limited.
- DZ Bank AG in enforcement of personal guarantee of the erstwhile promoters of Bhushan Steel Limited.
- DBS Bank in enforcement of pledge rights against Birla Tyres Limited and related entities of the Kesoram Group.
- Yes Bank Limited and JC Flowers ARC Limited in the initiation of corporate insolvency resolution proceedings against Reliance Innoventures Private Limited.
- Committee of Creditors led by State Bank of India on the corporate insolvency resolution process of three entities of the Adhunik Group, i.e. Adhunik Metalliks Limited, Adhunik Alloys & Power Limited and Orissa Manganese & Minerals Limited.
- ICICI Bank in respect of avoidance transactions in the corporate insolvency resolution processes of Jaypee Infratech Limited and Ruchi Soya Industries Limited.
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- B.A., LLB (Hons.) from The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata