Navruz Vakil specialises in matters pertaining to the Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions and Restructuring practice groups.
Navruz is actively involved in advising domestic and international clients in relation to joint ventures, private equity investments, cross-border mergers & acquisitions and advisory work including India entry strategies, regulatory compliances and general corporate matters. He has represented clients in several private equity and M&A transactions across various sectors, including the financial services, consumer retail, hospitality, real estate and manufacturing sectors.
Navruz has completed his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Franklin and Marshall College in Pennsylvania and his LLB from Government Law College, in Mumbai. Prior to joining Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, worked at AZB & Partners in Mumbai and Akin Gump Strauss Hauer and Feld in London covering areas of corporate law and insolvency. He also is a resident fellow at the Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy.
Select Experience Statement
- Advised Vini Cosmetics and its founders in relation to the acquisition by KKR of a majority stake in the company
- Advised Indifi Technologies Private Limited on its investment from CDC Group, Accel Ventures, Elevar Equity, Omidyar Technology Ventures, and Flourish Ventures
- Advised IMG Singapore Private Limited in relation to the sale of its shareholding in IMG Reliance Limited to Reliance Industries Limited
- Advised DP World Limited and the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund on its acquisition of Continental Warehousing Corporation (Nhava Seva) Limited
- Advised Paragon Partners on its investments in Digikredit Finance Private Limited, Cravatex Brands Limited and Camions Logistics Solutions Private Limited
- Advised Sila Solutions Private Limited on its investment from Norwest Venture Partners
- Advised Godrej Group on its internal restructuring
- Advised Epimoney Private Limited on its rights issue and investment by the Falguni and Sanjay Nayar Family Office
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- Bachelor of Arts, Franklin and Marshall College, Pennsylvania
- U.S.A; L.L.B, Government Law College, Mumbai, India