Deepa Rekha is a Corporate, M&A and PE Partner at the Firm. She is an expert on matters pertaining to Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity.
Deepa advises numerous corporates, sovereign wealth funds and private equity funds, MNCs, and strategic corporate clients on a variety of domestic and cross-border transactions. She has also represented clients in a large number of complex public M&A acquisitions for listed Indian companies.
Deepa actively represents blue chip PE and SWF clients such as KKR, Softbank, the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, General Atlantic, GIC, Temasek, ADIA, PIF, Silver Lake Capital and the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund.
Select Experience Statement
- The following investors on their investment in Jio Platforms:
- Facebook on its US$ 5.7 billion investment.
- KKR on its US$ 1.5 billion
- Vista Equity Partners on its US$ 1.54 billion
- Public Investment Fund – Saudi Arabia on its US$ 1.5 billion
- Silver Lake Capital Partners on its US$ 1.4 billion
- General Atlantic on its US$ 878 million
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority on its US$ 756 million
- TPG Capital on its US$ 600 million
- L Catterton Management Limited on its US$ 250 million
- The following investors on their investment in Reliance Retail:
- Public Investment Fund – Saudi Arabia on US$ 1.24 billion investment.
- Silver Lake Capital Partners on US$ 1.25 billion investment.
- KKR on US$ 740 million investment.
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority on US$ 735 million investment.
- GIC on US$ 735 million investment.
- General Atlantic on US$ 490 million investment.
- TPG Asia on US$ 250 million investment.
- Temasek on its US$ 400 million investment in ANI Technologies (OLA).
- Softbank Vision Fund on its investment in Lenskart Solutions, an India-based company that owns and operates an online shopping portal for eyewear, for US$ 275 million.
- Softbank Vision Fund on its acquisition of 42% stake in Brainbees Solutions, for US$ 400 million.
- Bandhan Bank Limited on its merger with GRUH Finance Limited, resulting in market capitalization of approx. US$ 12 billion.
- PIF in relation to investment of US$ 510 million for the acquisition of 375,000,000 units of the Digital Fibre Infrastructure Trust, an InvIT sponsored by Reliance Industrial Investments and Holdings Limited.
- KKR, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and GIC on their acquisition of a substantial stake in Bharti Infratel Limited, which is a subsidiary of Airtel, for US$ 951.6 million.
- Rabo Equity Advisors on its investments in Olive Bar and Kitchen, a premium restaurant chain in India; Nature Bio Foods Limited, an India based company developing organic products, Parijat Industries Private Limited, an India based manufacturer of agrochemicals, Beloor Bayir Biotech Limited, Global Gourmet Private Limited and Cremica Foods.
- WNS Global Services Private Limited (India) on its acquisition of 100% shares of Value Edge Research Services Private Limited.
- Blackstone Capital Partners in its US$ 170 million investment in IBS Software Services Private Limited through a partial secondary buyout from General Atlantic.
- Temasek Holdings Private Limited in relation to its INR 5 billion investment in Devyani International Limited, a company engaged in the franchise of restaurant chains.
- Temasek Holdings Private Limited on the acquisition of Indian assets of the Ascendas Group and the Surbana Group as part of the global merger between Temasek’s and JTC Corporation’s residential and commercial assets.
- Rabobank in relation to setting up of their new fund in relation to Indian agriculture.
- IDFC Limited in its demerger for setting up of the bank IDFC Bank Limited.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- B.A. LL.B, (Hons.), National Law University, Jodhpur