Anirudh Das is an Equity Partner with Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, and specialises in arbitrations, civil litigation and corporate restructuring.
Anirudh has widespread experience, spanning over 25 years, in commercial disputes and has been a part of the Dispute Resolution team of Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas for more than two decades. He has represented domestic and international clients in contractual and civil disputes, international commercial arbitrations and corporate restructuring matters in Courts and Tribunals across the country and Courts in foreign jurisdictions. Additionally, Anirudh shares a vast experience in litigations concerning government actions which fall foul of the due process set out under law.
Anirudh joined Amarchand Mangaldas in 1995 and worked with the Firm till 1997. Prior to 1995, Anirudh worked in the chambers of Mr. Mukul Rohtagi, Senior Advocate. Thereafter he worked in-house with Nestle India Limited and Bharti Tele-Ventures Limited, before re-joining the Firm in 2003.
Subjects dealt with:
- Civil litigation.
- Corporate restructuring including mergers, de-mergers and shareholder/creditor restructuring.
- Disputes arising from financial indebtedness.
- Regulatory litigation with respect to food products.
- Regulatory litigation under foreign exchange laws
Select Experience Statement
- IDFC Limited in structuring of the reorganisation of IDFC with respect to scheme of arrangement between IDFC and IDFC Bank.
- Vedanta Limited and Ravva Oil, Singapore on matters pertaining to enforcement of foreign awards.
- Dupont, American Express, GE, Nestle, Vodafone, Reckitt Benckiser, Ballarpur group, Maruti Suzuki, Indian Oil Corporation, Bandhan Bank, Bharti Airtel, Steel Authority of India, National Thermal Power Corporation, India Today group, JK group, Indiabulls group in schemes of arrangements under the Companies Act.
- Represented interests on matters arising out of price control of antiseptic solutions.
- International energy exploration companies in proceedings pertaining to the enforcement of foreign awards in India.
- Bank of New York Mellon and QVT group in several bond default matters in India.
- Foreign banks with respect to the constitutional validity of regulations framed under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 for matters in relation to the transfer of winding up proceedings to the National Company Law Tribunal.
- Oil and gas exploration companies on disputes under Production Sharing Contracts arising out of the exploration, development and production of oil and gas.
- Represented companies in arbitration and litigation proceedings in several jurisdictions including England, Singapore and Malaysia.
- Godfrey Phillips on disputes under supply contracts leading to foreign seated arbitrations.
- Punj Lloyd group in matters arising out of supply contracts, arbitration disputes and winding up proceedings.
- JSW Steel in ICC arbitrations at London in disputes relating to supply of steel products and coal supply contracts.
- Videocon Industries Ltd. in ad hoc arbitrations at London in relation to a production sharing contract entered into between Videocon Industries Ltd. and the Government of India with respect to an oilfield in India and in allied proceedings in India, England and Malaysia.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- Delhi High Court Bar Association
- LL.B., Campus Law Centre, Delhi University
- B.Com (Hons.), Delhi University