Angad Kochhar focuses on Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation
Angad regularly appears before the Supreme Court of India, the Delhi High Court, other High Courts, tribunals and appellate bodies in Civil and Corporate litigations, at original and appellate levels in a variety of disputes involving, amongst others, corporate law, infrastructure contracts, employment law issues, shareholders’ issues, partnership deeds, license agreements, tenders, land acquisition etc. He also represents many clients of the Firm in arbitration proceedings.
Angad has advised and represented a host of clients including National Stock Exchange of India Limited, ATC Telecom Infrastructure Private Limited, InterGlobe Aviation Limited, PVR Limited, Tata Communications Limited, Monsanto and Grasim Industries Limited.
Select Experience Statement
- Successfully represented a consortium of banks before the Debt Recovery Tribunal where the banks were granted a decree of around Rs. 600 crores against the guarantor.
- Successfully represented a leading commercial airline in a litigation before the Supreme Court of India where the Court affirmed the limited duty of care of an airline in a case of ‘gate no show’ by a passenger after check-in.
- Successfully represented a leading stock exchange in litigations filed by the counter party before the Supreme Court of India challenging its expulsion from the trading membership of the exchange.
- Successfully represented a leading domestic multiplex operator in a litigation filed by a competitor claiming an injunction for tortious interference.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- B.S.L, LL.B. University of Pune