Amruta specialises in matters related to mergers, acquisitions, private equity/ venture capital investments, joint ventures, fund formation, and general corporate and regulatory advisory.
She regularly advises private equity funds, multinational corporations and Indian companies on their cross-border mergers, acquisitions, investments, private equity exits, asset sales and joint ventures.
Amruta has a significant experience in advising on investments and acquisitions in sectors such as real estate, logistics, healthcare, hospitality and technology. She also advises clients on aspects of company law, securities laws and exchange control regulations on a regular basis. Amruta has regularly advised clients such as Samara Capital, Medicover Group, SAMHI Hotels, New Silk Route and Edelweiss.
Select Experience Statement
- New Silk Route in the sale of a financial services platform which had invested in PNB Housing Finance to Carlyle for USD 175 million.
- Samara Capital on its acquisition of Spoton Logistics Private Limited, a logistics company in South India for USD 100 million.
- Medicover Group, a Swedish conglomerate in its acquisition of Saharaudaya Healthcare Private Limited which operates a number of hospitals in South India.
- Samara Capital on its acquisition of majority stake in Delhi based cosmetics company, Blue Heaven Cosmetics Private Limited.
- A subsidiary of Hydro Quebec on its proposed joint venture with Mahindra Group for production of electronic batteries for electric motor vehicles.
- SAMHI Hotels on its acquisition of Hyatt Regency, Pune from RK Jatia Group’s Ascent Hotels.
- Edelweiss Crossover Fund in acquisition and consolidation of stake in National Stock Exchange of India Limited from various sellers.
- SAMHI Hotels in the investment received by it from Goldman Sachs and reorganisation of the existing shareholding structure.
- Samara Capital in its investment in Asian Institute of Gastroenterology Private Limited and the exit from the investment by sale of its entire stake to Quadria Capital.
- Deutsche Bank A.G. in its investment of USD 400 million in Lodha Developers Limited by way of a structured finance transaction.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- B. Com, LL.B, Government Law College, Mumbai University