Abhiroop Amitava Datta is a Partner at the Firm, specializing in equity capital markets.
Abhiroop represents issuers, underwriters and selling shareholders across securities offerings, including initial/follow-on public offerings (IPOs/FPOs), rights issues and qualified institutions placements (QIPs). He has also advised brokers and sellers on secondary market transactions, including offers for sale through the stock exchange mechanism (OFS) and bulk/block trades. Mr. Datta has also advised intermediaries and listed companies on Securities and Exchange Board of India regulatory compliance, including in relation to listing obligations, insider trading and share-based compensation.
Abhiroop also has experience advising the Government of India on disinvestment transactions, including by way of IPOs/FPOs and OFS transactions, and has advised either the Government of India or the underwriters on significant disinvestments, such as the IPOs/FPOs by Coal India Limited, NTPC Limited and Punjab and Sind Bank.
Prior to joining Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, Mr. Datta has worked as a counsel with S&R Associates, New Delhi, and as a senior associate at AZB & Partners, New Delhi, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, New Delhi and Amarchand Mangaldas Suresh A. Shroff & Co, New Delhi.
Select Experience Statement
- Uniparts Limited – ₹ 8,356.08 million IPO in 2022
- MINISO Group Holding Limited – US$ 72.25 million IPO and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2022
- Mankind Pharma Limited – Draft red herring prospectus filed in 2022
- Sapphire Foods India Limited – ₹ 20,732.53 million IPO in 2021
- Barbeque-Nation Hospitality Limited – ₹ 4,528.74 million IPO in 2021
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited – ₹ 74,425 million QIP in 2020
- Punjab National Bank – ₹ 50,000 million QIP in 2018
- HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited – ₹ 86,950 million IPO in 2017
- SBI Life Insurance Company Limited – ₹ 83,864 million IPO in 2017
- Coal India Limited – ₹ 154,751 million IPO in 2010
- NTPC Limited – ₹ 84,787.51 million FPO in 2010
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- B.A. LL.B (Hons.), NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad