Aarthi Lakshminarayanan is a Partner with General Corporate practice group and is based out of the Chennai office of the Firm.
Aarthi specialises in the real estate practice area and assists in the whole gamut of advisory work including conducting title due diligence over property, evaluation of title exceptions and risks, advice on structuring real estate transactions, mitigation of risks, preparation of all necessary transaction documents, notes & opinions, and statutory compliance & regulatory matters; compliance audit on project approvals and licenses including building approvals, planning permits and environment clearances.
Aarthi also advises on real estate specific laws, special economic zone laws and foreign direct investment laws in real estate sector and further provides, assistance required to ensure compliance with Real Estate Regulation and Development Act, 2016, Regulation of Rights and Responsibilities of Landlords and Tenants Act 2017 and other enactments applicable to investors, developers, landowners and tenants. Another important aspect of her practice involves assisting clients in all kinds of real estate disputes involving third party claims relating to title and ownership to property, recovery of possession, termination of leases and licenses, non-compliance with local regulations, demands for deficit stamp duty and registration fee, demands for property and land taxes, claims relating to refund of security deposits, claims for compensation and other similar claims, demands and disputes.
Select Experience Statement
- Advised the Blackstone Group in its acquisition of One Indiabulls Park, Chennai. Conducted a title due diligence over the property, verified all key building approvals and licenses, prepared a detailed report identifying key issues and advised on key aspects suh as payment of stamp duty and other local duties etc. The transaction value was Rs. 850 crores.
- Advised Ascendas (India) Private Limited in its acquisition of 100% stake and management control in Vinplex India Private Limited. The value of the transaction was Rs. 350 crores and involved conducting a detailed property due diligence, verification of project approvals, identifying material risks, preparation of transaction documents such as sale deed, powers of attorney, escrow agreements and other connected documents.
- Advised Sumitomo Corporation on project approvals. This assignment involved verification of all key project related approvals such as site approval, planning permit, building approvals, environmental clearances and other connected approvals, no-objections and licences required by local authorities.
- Advised Realterm Everstone on a title verification of lands admeasuring about 150 acres in Pannayur village, Tamilnadu, and further advised on the acquisition of land in different special purpose vehicles.
- Advised Kotak Realty Limited on a title verification of lands admeasuring 150 acres in Kanceepuram district, Chennai and other properties for the purpose of creating security interests over the same.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- Tamil Nadu Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association
- Madras High Court