Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas advises SAIF Partners and Integrated Asset Management Limited in relation to Series B investment in Sunshine Teahouse Private Limited
August 23, 2018
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co (SAM & Co) has advised SAIF Partners India VI Limited (“SAIF”) and Integrated Asset Management (Asia) Limited (“IAM”) in relation to an investment of approximately USD 12.8 million in Sunshine Teahouse Private Limited (“Target Company”). The Target Company is engaged in the business of operating chai cafes under the brand name “Chaayos”.
The investment was done through subscription of securities and secondary purchase from certain existing individual shareholders of the Target Company.
As a part of the transaction, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co advised SAIF and IAM on:
- conducting a due diligence of the Target Company and its subsidiary;
- drafting, reviewing and negotiation of all the transaction documents; and
- assisting with pre-closing and closing actions.
Other advisors to the transaction were:
- Indus Law represented the Sunshine Teahouse Private Limited and the promoters
- Internet Fund III Pte Ltd and Pacatolus were advised by their internal legal teams
The total deal value is USD 12.8 million approximately. The transaction was signed on August 11 and will be closed on August 31, 2018 after necessary approvals.