Rahul Chugh is a Partner in the Firm’s General Corporate Practice. He focuses on cross border and domestic transactions in the practice areas of M&A, joint ventures, strategic investments, private equity and venture capital.
Rahul has worked across varied sectors, including, Manufacturing, Logistics, Media & Entertainment, Technology, E-Commerce, and Knowledge Based Industries.
Rahul is proficient in structuring cross border and domestic transactions, drafting and negotiating transaction documents such as, shareholders agreement, joint venture agreements, share purchase agreements, investment agreements, business transfer agreements, asset purchase agreements, intellectual property license and assignment agreements, supply and vendor agreements, sale deed, lease related agreements, distribution agreements, loan agreements, non-disclosure agreements, memorandums of understanding and employment agreements. He has led various transactions and legal due diligence teams.
Prior to joining Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, Rahul worked with BMR Legal and Chambers of Harish N. Salve (Senior Advocate) New Delhi.
Select Experience Statement
- Lu-Ve S.p.A on the India leg of its global acquisition of Alfa Laval group’s business division relating to commercial cooling and refrigeration, heat ventilation and air conditioning.
- NTEx Transportaion Services Private Limited on its Series C and Series D fundraise from Naspers, Kalaari and Avataar.
- Bennett Coleman & Company Limited on their investment in Galactus Funware Technologies Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of M-League Pte. Ltd.
- Times Internet Limited and Gaama Gaana Limited on strategic investments by Tencent and Times Internet Limited in Gaama Gaana Limited.
- Times Internet Limited and MX Media Co. Ltd. (“MX”) on a strategic investments by Tencent and Times Internet Limited in MX.
- Kumi Kasei Limited on the acquisition of the entire shareholding of their joint venture entity in India from their joint venture partner, Supreme Industries Limited.
- Roop Auto Limited on their acquisition of the entire business undertaking from Logwell Forge Limited.
- Bennett Coleman & Company Limited on their Series A investment in Pocket FM Private Limited.
- Trendsutra Cayman Holdings on its Series F fundraise from Pidilte, Goldman Sachs, Norwest Venture Partners, Bertelsmann India and State Street Advisors.
- MegaDelta Capital (erstwhile New Enterprise Associates in India) on sale of securities held by them of a company in the healthcare sector.
- Kumi Kasei Limited, Fujitsu Frontech Limited and Groupe Atlantic on their strategic investments and joint ventures in India.
- One97 Communications Limited on their acquisition of ‘Nightstay’ and ‘Quorql’.
- Escorts Limited on their joint venture with Tadano Limited.
- Sunbeam Auto Private Limited on its acquisition by Kedaara Capital.
- Lu-Ve S.p.A on their acquisition of Spirotech Heat Exchangers Private Limited, a leading aluminum coil based heating and cooling products manufacturer.
- Minda Industries Limited on their global acquisition of Rinder Group’s ‘auto light components’ business, situated in, India, Spain and Columbia.
- Hero Cycles on their acquisition of premium bike maker ‘Firefox’.
- GMAC, which conducts the GMAT Test globally, on its acquisition of the NMAT Test from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- ILS Law College, Pune – Bachelor of Laws, Social & Legal Sciences (B.S.L, LL.B)
- School of Law, University of California, Berkeley – Master of Laws (L.L.M)