Gauhar Mirza focuses on international and domestic commercial arbitration and corporate litigation.
He has represented private and public corporations before various judicial fora and in ad hoc and institutional arbitrations in a wide range of disputes with respect to infrastructure and real estate industry, shareholders agreement, partnership deed, license agreements, land acquisition etc. He regularly represents clients in Indian court proceedings relating to arbitration.
Apart from arbitration related litigation matters, he appears in various commercial civil suits for recovery of money, seeking declaratory or injunctive reliefs, writ petitions, appeals and other misc. petitions before different judicial fora including the Hon’ble Supreme Court and various High Courts across India.
Gauhar has advised and represented a host of clients including Vikram Bakshi in the dispute against McDonalds India, Kal Airways and Kalanithi Maran in arbitration dispute against Spicejet, Brahma Developer, IRCON, NHPC, BHEL, Jolen Inc., Carrier India etc.
Select Experience Statement
- Represented Vikram Bakshi and Bakshi Holding in objecting to enforcement of an LCIA arbitral before Delhi High Court;
- Represented Kal Airways and Kalanithi Maran in challenge to domestic arbitral award before the Delhi High Court;
- Represented Jolen Inc. in enforcement of a ICC award before the Delhi High Court, Punjab and Haryana High Court and Supreme Court;
- Regularly represents IRCON and NHPC before arbitral tribunals, Delhi High Court and Supreme Court;
- Represented Carrier before the Punjab and Haryana High Court and Supreme Court in Writ Petition against a land acquisition order;
- Represented BHEL in an international commercial arbitration regarding delay in construction of power grid;
- Representing Embassy of Congo in enforcement of an arbitral award pertaining to a lease dispute.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- Delhi High Court Bar Association, Supreme Court Bar Association , Young Arbitrators Forum- ICC
- LL.B,. Faculty of Law, Jamia Milia Islamia , New Delhi