Debashree Dutta is a Partner in the Firm’s Projects & Project Finance practice and has extensive experience in acting for both lenders and borrowers across a wide range of debt financing practice areas.
Debashree specialises in project & infrastructure finance focusing on power, renewables and road projects, general corporate lending (both external commercial borrowings and domestic syndicated and bilateral loans), leveraged & acquisition finance, structured finance, real estate finance, factoring & securitisation, and corporate debt restructuring & insolvency. She also frequently deals with banking regulatory and advisory matters and mergers and acquisitions of entities in financial services sector.
Debashree has represented a range of banks and financial institutions including State Bank of India, Deutsche Bank, YES Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Barclays Bank, LBBW, Wells Fargo, Standard Chartered Bank, ADB, JBIC, KfW, IFC, Citibank, HSBC and Credit Suisse as well as large corporates in India like the Tata Group, Aditya Birla Group, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited on a wide variety of project financing transactions.
Before joining the Firm, Debashree has worked at AZB & Partners and ICICI Bank Limited.
Select Experience Statement
- Torrent Power Limited in relation to issuance of 1000 listed non-convertible debentures for USD 13.3 million approx.
- Consortium of lenders led by State Bank of India in relation to financial assistances aggregating to INR 4950 crore provided to JSW Steel Limited for the expansion of capacity at the steel plant in Dolvi Works, Raigad Maharashtra.
- Consortium of lenders led by State Bank of India in relation to financial assistances aggregating to INR 6500 crore provided to Mumbai Pune Expressway Limited (a Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation Limited group company) for the acquisition of toll-collection rights on the Mumbai Pune section of National Highway -4 and certain sections of the Mumbai Pune Expressway.
- Dena Bank in relation to the merger of Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank with Bank of Baroda as per the scheme of amalgamation approved by the central government.
- Indusind Bank Limited in relation to financial assistances aggregating to INR 2600 crore provided to a special purpose vehicle of JSW Steel Limited and AION Partners for the acquisition of Monnet Ispat and Energy Limited pursuant to a resolution plan formulated under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016. The transaction structure involved a subsequent merger of the special purpose vehicle into Monnet Ispat and Energy Limited.
- YES Bank Limited, Reliance Home Finance Limited and Reliance Commercial Finance Limited in relation to financial assistances aggregating to INR 1982 crore provided to a special purpose vehicle for the construction and development of a 5 star hotel in the hospitality district of the Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi, India.
- YES Bank Limited and HDFC Limited in connection with restructuring of various loans granted to GVK Power & Infrastructure Limited and its subsidiaries in the airport vertical.
- Yes Bank Limited in relation to a loan granted to by JSW Dharamtar Port Private Limited for construction of berths at Dharamtar Port, Raigarh.
- Runwal group company in availing term loan from KKR India Asset Finance Private Limited for constructing a premium residential project in Mumbai.
- A major steel manufacturing company in relation to a loan of INR 22.8 billion availed from a consortium of 20 banks led by State Bank of India for setting up a new greenfield steel plant. This is the largest project financing loan on record in India and also has got the Business world’s deal of the Year Award in ’INR Loans and Bonds’ category.
- YES Bank Limited (acting through its IFSC Banking Unit branch) to set up a USD 1,000,000,000 Medium Term Note Programme (“Programme”), and issued notes for an aggregate nominal value of USD 600,000,000 pursuant to the Programme on the London Stock Exchange International Securities Market (LSE ISM), the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading SGX), and the India International Exchange IFSC at GIFT City, Gandhinagar. Further, advised YES Bank Limited on the partial re-purchase of the said notes in accordance with the terms of the Programme. This issuance was the first bond issuance by any IFSC entity. It was also the first listing on the India INX Exchange.
- RBL Bank Limited in relation to financial assistance availed by Shrem Roadways Private Limited for part financing the acquisition of 24 road projects special purpose vehicles (SPVs) from Dilip Buildcon Limited.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa
- B.S.L. LL.B, ILS Law College, Pune
- Master in Law and Finance, Oxford University, United Kingdom