Abhinav Maker is a Partner at the Firm, specialising in equity capital markets and pooled investment vehicles.
Maker represents issuers, underwriters and investors on a wide variety of securities offerings, including initial public offerings, QIP offerings, Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds issuances and restructuring. He advises on regulatory and structuring related aspects in relation to setting-up and structuring of investment vehicles. He represents sponsors and investment managers on initial offerings by InvITs and REITs. He has also advised marquee institutional investors on their investments in public and private (listed and unlisted) InvITs.
Prior to joining Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, Mr. Maker has worked as an associate at AZB & Partners and Amarchand Mangaldas Suresh A. Shroff & Co, Mumbai.
Select Experience Statement
- SBI Cards and Payment Services – ₹ 103,000 million IPO in 2020 – the largest exit by a private equity (Carlyle) in India in an initial public offer
- PNB Housing Finance – ₹ 30,000 million IPO in 2016
- Punjab National Bank – ₹ 50,000 million QIP in 2018
- Au Small Finance Bank – ₹ 19,120 million IPO in 2017
- Bectors Food Specialities – ₹ 5,400 million IPO in 2020 – one of the most subscribed IPO’s in recent times
Pooled investment vehicles
- India Infrastructure Trust (sponsored by Brookfield) – advised the sponsor and the investment manager in setting-up and undertaking ₹ 130,100 million initial offer on a private placements basis in 2019
- Oriental InfraTrust – advised the sponsors and investment manager in relation to setting-up and undertaking ₹ 23,060 million initial offer in 2019 on a private placement basis in 2019
- Digital Fibre Infrastructure Trust (sponsored by Reliance Industrial Investments and Holdings Limited) – advised Public Investment Fund’s purchase of 25% of the units of the private unlisted InvIT in 2020
- IndInfravit Trust (sponsored by L&T Infrastructure Development Projects Limited) – advised Allianz Capital Partners GmbH (ACP) in its investment in 25% of the units in the initial offer undertaken by the private listed InvIT in 2018.
A detailed experience statement can be shared on a confidential basis.
- L.L.M. from the New York University, School of Law and National University of Singapore
- B.A. LL.B (Hons.), Gujarat National Law University, Gujarat